Day Two: Write a List
Today, let’s write a list. Compiling a list is a way to let loose, unlock ideas, and free your mind. Today, write your own list on one of these topics:
I choose – things I’ve Learned…
There are no rules, though you can create some boundaries for yourself by deciding in advance how many items you’d like to include, or by setting a timer — try a list of 15 items, set a timer for 45 minutes.
- It’s the first drink that gets you drunk – One of the many slogans bounded about 12 step fellowships, at first it seemed ludicrous! Ive came to understand its simple but powerful message… stay honest with the first one and the floodgates remain shut!
- I am not my mind – I guessing Im not alone when thinking my mind was who I am, my consciousnesses. Bullshit, its just another tool of the human body, complex and cunning, but a tool just the same!
- I can be the observer – Taking a step back and letting thoughts flow by themselves I can observe them and recognise they are autonomous. They come and go, meaning nothing.
- I am not unique in my difficulties -The world is fully occupied by crazies, some sicker than others, most are Ok.
- Nobody actually has any idea what the F**ck they are doing – Everybody is just winging it and thats cool.
- Love conquers hate – I cant hate somebody and care about them at the same time. When I have issues with an individual Ive learned to pray for their best interests.
- The last item is much easier said than done – It takes a lot of patience “Unlearn to Learn”… requires perseverance.
- I am in awe of the Universe – Find a place with low light pollution, at night look up at the stars and understand that what you see is only a tiny little portion of something far far bigger. It feels humbling and powerful.
- Money maybe necessary, but it will never replace true riches – If you are loved, have a few friends, a roof over your head and food in the belly then you’re already winning. Everything else is a bonus.
- An old dog can learn new tricks – We can do absolutely anything within the boundaries of physics, its all down to how much we want it and the dogged willingness to try repeatedly.
- Happiness and Joy are always available – fear lives in the future, regret in the past, both are an illusion. If we tune into what’s going on around us at that exact moment we can always find a reason to smile.
- A child’s view on the world is always right – The ego develops later.
- God has nothing to do with religion – See number 4 on the list!
- I love writing – Its awesome.
- Life is amazing – Every day I wake up and think “Wow” how did this happen? My whole attitude to people and existence has changed, I love every Step of the journey. Bring it on!
A list of 15 things I have learned (during the last 5 years) in 25 minutes.